The Rohner Family donated, or sold at a minimal cost, the entire 55-acre park to the City. In 1907, the first parcel of 20-acres was purchased for $1000. In 1921, the Rohner family 'sold' an additional 19.5-acres for $600 per acre. In 1938, 13.5-acres were donated and the final 2-acres donated in 1940. (Information gathered from a letter from Franklin B Rohner in 1993.)
Park development started with plantings of maple, locust and pine and the construction of picnic tables.
1921 - baseball enthusiasts added a diamond field.
1933 - Firemen's Association constructed the Pavilion.
1938 - City completed additional landscaping, Rodeo Grounds, children's play area and added field lights.
1940's - Firemen's Association constructed the outdoor fireplace.
1973 - Relocation of the Railroad Depot.
Rohner Park served as Fortuna's only park for over seventy years.