The deadline for Nomination papers is Wednesday, August 12, at 5:00 p.m. If at all possible, file a day or two before the deadline, so there is time to collect additional signatures if necessary.
Please allow at least 30 minutes for the filing process.
Appointments are strongly recommended. Filers without an appointment will be helped on a first-come, first-served basis after those with an appointment.
The following documents MUST be filed together, by 5:00 p.m. on or before August 12, 2016:
1. The Nomination Paper (required)
2. Form 700 (Statement of Economic Interest). (required)
3. A Candidate’s Statement of Qualifications (optional) and payment in the amount of $350*
*This is an estimate of your pro rata share of the cost of the Candidate’s statement. You will be billed for the balance if the actual cost is more, and you will be refunded the difference if the actual cost is less.
4. Ballot Designation Worksheet (required)
5. Code of Fair Campaign practices (optional)
6. Nomination Paper Checklist (required)
7. Candidate Information for Public review (required)
8. Permission to Post Candidate Home Information to the Web (required)
Once you have filed the nomination paper and candidate’s statement, they cannot be altered. However, you have until the end of the filing period to withdraw them entirely, thereby removing your name from the ballot.