Fortuna Business Improvement District functions as a subdepartment of the City Manager to support and promote the City of Fortuna District businesses to effect positive economic change and does so by (Municipal Code Chapter 5.40):
- Promotion of public events which are to take place on or in public places in the district;
- Decoration of any public place in the district;
- Furnishing of music in any public place in the district;
- The general promotion of business activities in the district;
- Marketing to fill available space, recruiting and expansion of commercial enterprise
For Information on benefit assessments please click the link here to access the Parking and Business Improvement Area Law of 1989; Streets and Highway Code Section 36500 et seq., for more information about the creation and purpose of a Business Improvement District.
The Advisory Committee will be seven members, unless amended. The advisory committee makes recommendations and reports to the City Council on the general expenditure of the benefit assessments and has a two-year term on the committee, according to the Municipal Code Chapter 5.40.
The City Council appoints the advisory committee and prioritizes appointments, so the advisory committee consists of the following appointments:
- Downtown core area, one representative; Michelle Oliver (Vice Chair)
- Redwood Village Shopping Center core area, one representative; Jon Batini
- Strong’s Creek Plaza core area, one representative; Stephanie McGrath
- City Council liaison, one representative; Kris Mobley
- Citywide, one representative; Danny Kelley
- Fortuna Chamber of Commerce, one representative; Amber Woodward
- One person nominated by the six representatives identified above: Frederick Robinson (Chair)
The FBID Administrator is a City of Fortuna employee. The FBID Administrator is support staff for the FBID Advisory Committee. Under the general direction of the City Manager, the position is responsible for developing and administering the Fortuna Business Improvement District programs and activities, as well as acting as a liaison between the City of Fortuna and its business community; and to do related work as required with an emphasis on fulfilling the purposes of the Business Improvement District.
***Fortuna Businesses: to get on the mailing list for the BID please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Thursday (Excluding Holidays)
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
621 11th Street
Fortuna, CA 95540
P.O. Box 545
Fortuna, CA 95540