Click to Home
home  •  intranet  •  contact us  •  calendar  •  site map  •  faq
Click to HomeThe Friendly City
HomeEmail PagePrint PageRSSRecycle
Go To Search
Encroachment Permits
Encroachment Permits are required for activities, materials, and equipment, which will occupy City right-of-way (usually streets, alleys or sidewalks).

Examples include:
  • construction or repair of sidewalks and driveways
  • installation of utilities,
  • repairs to utility lines
  • painting using scaffolding or ladders
  • trimming of trees
  • placing equipment or other materials on public streets and sidewalks which may interrupt the customary flow of vehicles or pedestrians.
If the applicant for an Encroachment Permit is the Property Owner, they must specify whether the work will be done by them or a contractor. If the Property Owner is using a Contractor to complete the work specified in the permit application, the Contractor must also sign the permit application and provide the applicable insurance before the permit can be approved.

accessibility  •  powered by CivicPlus  •  copyright notices  •  City of Fortuna, 621 11th Street, Fortuna, CA 95540  •  Ph: (707) 725-7600